Learn how to install and run IDS for Mac Access to MLXChange
Introducing guest blogger, Darren Coleman from Coleman Technologies. —
Can I use MLXChange from my Mac?
Many real estate professionals ask me if it is possible to access the MLXChange system on a Mac computer. You can, just by installing IDS (Information Delivery System). IDS is a server-based solution that enables Mac users to access programs meant for running on a Windows computer. IDS is not compatible with the iPhone or iPad, but you can access MLXChange through your Macintosh computer or these alternative Mac products:
- MacBook Pro
- MacBook Air
- Mac Mini
How to install IDS
Once you install IDS on your Mac, it will run just like any other program you have on your computer.
- Navigate to http://ids.marketlinx.com/nativemac.html from the default browser on the Mac.
- Download and Install the IDS Links program.
- Launch the IDS icon to access the application.
- Enter in the Server Address “ids.marketlinx.com:1494” and choose connect.
- You will be prompted for a User Name and Password; you can get this from F.V.R.E.B. Tech support.
- Once connected, double click the MLSLink icon.
— Coleman Technologies has over 14 years of tech support and computer repair experience. They provide on-site computer and network services to Greater Vancouver and help in keeping business professionals up-to-date on the latest technologies. Visit Coleman Technologies to see a video of how to install and run IDS on your Mac computer. You can also book a service call to have IDS set up on your Mac for you.